Setting up a new list takes just about 60 seconds, more or less, depending on your typing skills.
1. You must have account admin privileges to manage lists.
2. On the Account Admin menu, click on Manage Lists.
3. You will see the list or lists currently in your account. At the top of the page is a button saying Add A New List. Click the button.
4. On this page, enter a name for the list. Be aware that the list name will be used in the subscribe and unsubscribe pages, so select a public-friendly name. The API password field does not require an entry at this time. Click the Update button to add your new list.
5. Now, we need to grant access to the new list to the users that will maintain it, build the creatives, and ultimately send the messages to the list. To do this, click on Manage Users. Select the user that will need access to the new list, and in the Action column, click on the Edit link. On this page, the List Access dropdown box shows the lists this user COULD access. The lists this user CAN access are highlighted. To grant access to your new list, and only the new list, simply click the new list name. To grant access to the current lists plus the new list, hold the Ctrl key down while clicking the new list name. Click Update and you're done.